- A couple of clear glasses, vases, or bowls (it’s fun to switch up the shapes and sizes!)
- Food colouring
- Shaving cream
- Small bowls or containers that hold 1 to 2 ounces
- An eye dropper, syringe or 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon
- Start by filling the small containers with water. The less water you use, the faster your “rain” will drop. The more water you use, the more rain you’ll be able to make. So keep that in mind as you fill up the containers.
- Add different colors of food coloring to each of the small containers. For every 1 ounce of water, add about 5-10 drops of food coloring.
- Fill a clear glass with water about 2/3 full.
- Top each container of plain water with a generous amount of shaving cream.
- Use the eye dropper, syringe, or small spoon to drop the different colors of water onto the shaving cream cloud. HINT: The closer you squirt to the edges of the shaving cream, the faster it will go through the shaving cream and come down as rain.
- Expalin that the water is like the air, and the shaving cream is like the clouds. And as the clouds get saturated with water, they produce rain.
For more tutorials like these, visit http://onelittleproject.com